1) Set yourself up with Google’s services:
Google has many services and here are the ones you need to use from day one.
- Google Analytics – used for indepth reporting on how your website audience. Do you know the behaviour of your audience, such as which pages they are navigating to from the homepage?
- Google Search Console – Essential for making sure Google is crawling your website correctly. Arguably Google’s most important tool. Be sure to submit your website after it’s finished.
- Google My Business – Your free listing on Google for when your business meets the search terms. Great for helping people find critical information such as opening hours and contact information quickly.
2) Secure your business name on social platforms
If you’re a new start business, you’ll want to make sure you secure your business name on as many social platforms as possible. As a bare minimum, you should consider the following:
3) Talk about it!Post on social media, get talking to people about your new website – it’s an easy way to drive traffic to your website and get people talking about your products and services.
4) Add your website to everywhere possible!Social media profiles, business cards, e-mail signatures etc
5) Get yourself set up on review websites
This is important if you are a new business. Getting backlinks is an important part of off page SEO – review websites are a great way of doing this. Trustpilot, Freeindex and Google My Business are some to consider.